Sunday, April 19, 2015

Visual Result



I completed the assigned visual evaluation of my son, age 6, and the resulting score was a 24, which is significantly higher than the indicated score for additional evaluation or intervention. There were a total of 8 areas for numbers 1-30 that he exhibited and there were none for the remaining areas. For the areas he did exhibit they either were related to manual tasks or physical occurrences during these tasks, but not concentration or eye issues, which the remaining areas seemed to be connected with. Some of the specific items that he exhibits were: loses place while reading or copying; reads very slowly; eyes hurt or feel tired after close work; and poor spelling skills.

It was an interesting assignment which allowed me to consider something that I had not previously considered to be such an important factor in student performance or for my own children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment